Winner: Round #2
A Fifth of Fun (Waynesville, NC)
“The Crawdad Song”
• Paul – Dobro
• Steve – Banjo
• Pat – Fiddle
• Joe – Guitar
Winner: Round #1
Possum Track Pickers (Raleigh, NC)
“Over in the Glory Land”
• Alan – Bass, Lead Vocals
• Susan – Mandolin, Vocals
• Lisa – Fiddle, Vocals
• Stephen – Guitar
• Don – Clawhammer Banjo
• Fred – Banjo, Jam Host
• Savannah – Videographer & Editor
How to Enter
- Go to your Facebook account, or create an account if you don’t already have one.
- Click “What’s on your mind, [Name]?” at the top of your News Feed.
- Type your post message (be creative!), including the required hashtag; just copy/paste this if you like: #SafeJamContest
- Make sure the Audience is set to “Public”
- Click on the green Photo/Video icon, which will prompt you to navigate to the location on your computer where you have saved the video file.
- Once the video has loaded, click the blue Post button to complete the process.
- Questions? See these tech specs; or contact us at [email protected].
FAME…. GLORY… FAIRLY BIG PRIZES… SAFE & FUN JAMMING!
* First Prize: THREE Jam DVDs + 3 JAM Songbooks + 3 Let’s Pick t-shirts
* Second Prize: TWO Jam DVDs + 2 JAM Songbooks + 2 Let’s Pick t-shirts
* Third Prize: ONE Jam DVD + 1 JAM Songbook + 1 Let’s Pick t-shirt
Entries rated on:
- Safety (50 points): Distanced outside. Other safety measures:
- No loud singing. For volume, use mic on stand with amp
- Be watchful not to be downwind of a singer.
- Masks recommended when not singing.
- Slip-ups happen, so everyone should feel free to kindly remind others to follow safety precautions.
- Music quality (25 points): “If it sounds good it must be good.”
- Video quality (15 points): Clear and steady video, good sound quality, can hear the singers and soloists. Tip: landscape mode is usually preferred over portrait mode.
- Entertainment value (10 points): Humor/attire/attitude/?
As with Round 1, winners of Round 2 will be announced in a large email broadcast, press release, Facebook and social media, with videos linked for others to admire, and prizes awarded in mid-September.