Pete Wernick (aka Dr. Banjo) will travel to conduct weekend-long hands-on intensive workshops for up to six working bands.
- Band tightness, rhythm, and vocals
- Presentation on stage or camera
- Creating and finding great material
- What people look for in bands
- Getting gigs
- Using the web
- Making more progress in less time
- The basics of good promo and band graphics
- Family and job conflicts
- Making CDs — recording, promotion and distribution
- Band governing and interpersonal harmony
- Using sound systems
- Getting ahead while having fun
- Each band receives an individualized set of suggestions from Pete
- and more!
Individual consultation with each band. Sound system and stage for performance work.
Pete’s credentials in bluegrass
- Started Country Cooking in 1970, with whom he recorded three of Rounder Records’ first albums.
- Founded Hot Rize in 1978, still playing after 25 years. Performed worldwide, many #1 radio hits, Grammy Nomination, IBMA’s first Entertainer of the Year award recipient.
- Pioneered bluegrass instructional camps in 1980, has conducted over 100 music camps, coast to coast and in Europe.
- President of IBMA 1986-2001. Initiated youth and educational and Bluegrass Pentathlon projects
- Writer of over 50 recorded compositions on major bluegrass labels, including two bluegrass #1’s.
- Experience as bluegrass deejay, concert promoter, publicist, record producer, graphic designer, band manager and agent, road manager, teacher, video instructor.
Inquire about details: Pete@DrBanjo.com
“Pete Wernick is the nations top teacher for making a bluegrass band look great, sound great and work well together. His method can help any band, at any level, dramatically improve…”
—Michael Hall, Northern California Bluegrass Society
“This workshop is for every band ! Not only a great start for a new band, but Pete’s methods, expertise and generous input will take any experienced band to new levels. Thanks Pete!”
—Lynn Quinones, Alhambra Valley Band
“In Pete’s workshop, I learned what bluegrass harmony was about, to my complete and utter satisfaction, since, up till then, I’d been ignorant of how it worked. Now, I can do it anytime, any place, and sound good. Pete is a generous but extremely knowledgeable bluegrass producer. His keen ear and expert knowledge has made a difference in the way I arrange tunes and harmonies, and in how I approach band dynamics. I would recommend him to anyone as a coach and teacher, and his workshops to anyone seeking to better themselves as a bluegrass musician.”