Masters of the 5-String Banjo
“The Banjo Bible”, the most comprehensive banjo book ever published.
“Nothing else even comes close.”
By Pete Wernick and Tony Trischka
432 pages, over 200 photos, 50 tablatures of all-time favorite arrangements.
This book is a treasure trove with:
- Detailed organized information on 70 all-time greats
- 18 in-depth interviews: Don Reno, Ralph Stanley, Snuffy Jenkins, Sonny Osborne, Allen Shelton, J.D. Crowe, Bill Keith, John Hartford, John Hickman, Ben Eldridge, Alan Munde, Butch Robins, Pete Wernick, Tony Trischka, Larry McNeely, Béla Fleck, Pat Cloud
- 22-page Earl Scruggs chapter with in-depth analysis of his style and technique
- Full-length interview with Bill Monroe on the banjo’s role in bluegrass music
Style, influences, tone, technique, learning, practice tips, improvising, backup, favorite banjos and equipment, set-up, and much much more in this ultimate banjo book — the “Banjo Bible”.
Shipping for 1 Book
- U.S.: $10
- Canada: $33
- All other countries except AU/NZ: $44
- For shipping to Australia or New Zealand, or for an order of the book with other items, please write us at [email protected].
List price: $60. Is the Masters Book Worth $60? This question came up on the Banjo-L discussion list, and here’s how people responded.
“I was looking at the book “Masters of the 5 String Banjo” on line. It looks interesting. Is it worth the almost $60 they are asking for it?”
It’s that good.”
If I can remind some of you, before this book was reprinted, original presses of Masters were selling on ebay for $200 and above. Considering what you would have had to pay for a copy prior to the reprint, $60 is a good deal.”