Taught by Pete Wernick using the Wernick Method*
Thursday & Friday, August 2-3
at the Coombs Bluegrass Festival Coombs, BC
10am-Noon & 2-4pm both days • 8 hours total instruction
1st session $20 • 2nd-4th sessions $25
All sessions: $75 advance (save $20) • $85 on site (save $10)
Pete's students say:
"This was a fun time for me, and also time well spent."
"You have a way of making each student the most important person in the class at the time!"
"You did an excellent job of creating a calm and relaxed atmosphere in a potentially nerve-fraying situation."
"I have been waiting to start playing real bluegrass with people for quite a while, and now I can!"
"You said the first rung of the ladder is very close to the ground. Thanks for helping me to that first rung!"
"I learned a lot, and learned how to learn more."
Sign up now and we'll send a full information packet preparing you for the class and the world of jamming!
75 (CAD) in advance (festival admission also required)
Once we receive your payment, we'll contact you via email for registration info.
Prefer to pay with check or money order? Email email@example.com for details.
50% of payment refunded if you cancel more than one month in advance.
Or pay at the festival with check or cash!
- All bluegrass instruments welcome
- No jamming experience necessary
- You will be jamming the first class!
- Friendly, encouraging, knowledgeable teaching.
- Mistakes allowed!
- Singing not required, but encouraged and taught.
- Easy 2- and 3-chord songs, slow speeds.
- Soloing not required! "Faking" solos taught.
Do you qualify? It's easier than you may think!
If you play guitar, mandolin, banjo, fiddle, bass, or dobro... you can be part of a bluegrass jam.
- You must be able to tune your instrument (electronic tuning devices welcome) and
- change smoothly between G, C, D, and A. (Fiddles and basses need to know which notes work with which chords)